If you are looking for a natural way to improve your energy levels, improve hair growth, and support your overall health, you may want to consider trying He Shou Wu. Also known as Fo-Ti, this perennial plant has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine for a variety of health benefits.
Here are just a few benefits of He Shou Wu and why incorporating it into your daily routine might be beneficial:
Benefit #1: Boosts Energy Levels
If you find yourself feeling tired and sluggish throughout the day, He Shou Wu may provide the natural energy boost you need. The plant's compounds help stimulate mitochondrial function, leading to increased physical and mental energy.
Benefit #2: Supports Liver and Kidney Function
The liver and kidneys are responsible for detoxifying the body and promoting overall health and wellness. He Shou Wu has been shown to support the liver and kidneys, helping to eliminate toxins and improve organ function.
Benefit #3: Encourages Hair Growth and Skin Health
He Shou Wu has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine for supporting healthy hair growth and overall skin health. The plant's potent antioxidants and phytonutrients help to promote healthy hair and skin from the inside out, providing a natural glow and healthy shine.
Benefit #4: Enhances Cognitive Function
As we age, cognitive function can decline, leading to memory loss and brain fog. Fortunately, research suggests that He Shou Wu can help improve cognitive function and prevent cognitive decline, thanks to its potent antioxidant properties.
Incorporating He Shou Wu into your diet is easy – it's available in capsule, tea, and powder form, making it simple to add to smoothies or your daily supplement regimen. However, be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before adding any new supplements to your diet, as certain individuals may experience adverse effects.
In conclusion, He Shou Wu is a powerful plant with a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine. Its potential benefits include increased energy, improved liver and kidney function, healthy hair and skin, and enhanced cognitive function. Adding this potent plant to your daily routine may provide the natural boost you need to support overall health and wellness.
- Giacomini, E., Rupiani, S., Guidotti, L., Recanatini, M., & Roberti, M. (2016). The Use of Stilbene Scaffold in Medicinal Chemistry and Multi- Target Drug Design. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 23(23), 2439–2489. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cmc/2016/00000023/00000023/art00004
- Hair Loss Treatments He Shou Wu and Saw Palmetto - Advanced Natural Wellness. (2011, January 1). http://advancednaturalwellness.net/2011/01/hair-loss-treatments-he-shou-wu-and-saw-palmetto/
- Associations of Combined Healthy Lifestyle Factors: Four Prospective Cohort Studies in China, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eng.2022.04.010
- Yu, L., Gong, L., Wang, C., Hu, N., Tang, Y., Zheng, L., Dai, X., & Li, Y. (2020). Radix Polygoni Multiflori and Its Main Component Emodin Attenuate Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Zebrafish by Regulation of AMPK Signaling Pathway. Drug Design, Development and Therapy, Volume 14, 1493–1506. https://doi.org/10.2147/dddt.s243893
- Sharifi-Rad, J., Herrera-Bravo, J., Kamiloglu, S., Petroni, K., Mishra, A. P., Monserrat-Mesquida, M., Sureda, A., Martorell, M., Aidarbekovna, D. S., Yessimsiitova, Z., Ydyrys, A., Hano, C., Calina, D., & Cho, W. C. (2022). Recent advances in the therapeutic potential of emodin for human health. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 154, 113555. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopha.2022.113555